For the first time ever, a public exhibition of images from the
Railyard as it is today. Exhibition Dates: Sept. 15-Nov. 14, 2011 At the Kimo Theater Gallery 423 Central Ave. NW
Albuquerque, NM Gallery Hours can be found listed on the Kimo Gallery site (505) 768-3522 (for gallery info)
On the home page, the most recent posts will appear first; scrolling down will take you to the older posts.

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The first time I stepped foot through the gates of the rail yards, I knew there was something special to be experienced within those walls. I quietly stood admiring what surrounded me - the soaring steel beams, the grimy colored window panes, the filthy concrete and woodblock floors. In just a few moments, one could see and feel all the years of hard work and neglect that building has witnessed.

I have had the pleasure of photographing this beautiful place on  four different occasions and one visit was no more productive, photographically, than the others but my first was special for the simple fact that I was introduced to the most special set of building the city of Albuquerque has to offer. Hopefully we have not seen the last of this beauty.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear your comments! Please be sure to leave us a comment.